5 Reasons Why You Might Want to Be Wealthy
If any of these ideas ring true with you, consider them in your answer.
Money is a funny thing. Despite the sentiment of many people against the wealthy, those who have a lot of money want more of it. Many of those who speak out against it want more, too, out of necessity. In fact, most people would like more money.
Many say that money is the cause of corruption. However, many wealthy folks live without this corruption. Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, David Rockefeller just to name a few. So, since some are corrupted and some aren’t, wouldn’t you say it’s the person himself who makes the choices that cause this corruption rather than the money itself?
Seriously, money is an inanimate object. Its power lies in what you choose to do with it.
But there’s no arguing that having money provides many advantages in life.
There are few downsides to having a lot of money. Those that have spent time being both poor and rich claim that being well-off is much better.
Consider these perfectly good reasons why you might want to be wealthy:
1. Rich people can have more free time if they choose. Think of all the time you spend doing things just to maintain your life. Cleaning the house, taking the car for an oil change, shopping and preparing food, paying bills, dealing with the yard, and running other errands. When you have enough money, someone else could do all these things for you. Imagine your life without most of the chores and duties that you don’t like to do.
2. You can help a lot of people when you’re rich. It’s true that you can volunteer and help others with your time, regardless of your income, but it’s nice to be able to write a check, too. You already know plenty of people that could use financial help. It would be nice to actually be able to provide it.
3. You can enjoy life more. Let’s face it, money is a limiting factor for most of us. It’s easier to explore your interests if you have greater financial resources. You can travel, afford to not work and do your passion or advocacy, try a new restaurant each week, or spend more time with loved ones without worrying about a fixed work schedule and a bad boss.
4. Your future is more comfortable. Most people are worried about their retirement. If you’re sick later in life or unable to care for yourself, you can afford to have the care you need to live at home for the rest of your life. Money eliminates most of your concerns about what the future may bring.
5. Money solves many challenges. It is great for solving many of the problems that pop up in day-to-day life. Whether you need dentures, a new transmission, or a new roof, money is the answer. Of course, money doesn’t solve all of life’s problems, but it can bring you more options and take care of many of them.
Money isn’t the answer to all of life’s challenges. You’ll find that once you have money, you have a new set of issues. But that’s just life. Name a time when you didn’t have a problem! The advantages of wealth are considerable. It’s really about freedom. Money brings you freedom of choice. It gives you the option to spend your time as you choose.